ONE BUCKET OF SHIT HAS A MASS OF APPROXIMATELY 15KG.
COLLECTION OF QUALITY SPECIMEN HAS PROVEN, AT TIMES, DIFFICULT. PACING ALONG THE EDGE OF WILDERNESS, I MUST REMAIN ATTENTIVE TO THE PARAMETERS OF THAT DAY’S SEARCH.
COLLECTION OF 12.07.2015
COLLECTION OF 24.12.2015
COLLECTION OF 03.01.2016
IF WHAT I MAKE IS SHIT, IS IT STILL ART? WILL YOU STILL CALL ME AN ARTIST?
The Elements participants are: aisha pagnes, alexander zaklynski, ana guedes, anastatia loginova, cameron lobdell, cecile gentili, cocky eek, florencia reznik, ingrid lee, jan kees van kampen, katarina petrovic, kay churcher, luke boorman, nina lezaic, philip vermeulen, satellietgroep, Sophie Rust, stefan bandelac, stefano murgia The lab coach is cocky eek.
The Elements is an outside coastal lab situated along the North Sea at the Zandmotor Kijkduin. What does it mean to work in a dynamic intertidal environment, where the tides are dictating time and seasons are close to our skin. The lab has a phenomenological approach, stimulates you to play, wander, explore and focus on elements in your own way, where also your own censorial body in relation to this dynamic landscape can be considered as an element.
- A component or constituent of a whole or one of the parts into which a whole may be resolved by analysis
- Chemistry. One of a class of substances that cannot be separated into simpler substances by chemical means.
- A natural habitat, sphere of activity, environment, etc.: to be in one’s element;
- Atmospheric agencies or forces; weather
- The rudimentary principles of an art, science, etc.
- Any group of people singled out within a larger group by identifiable behavior patterns, common interests, etc.
- One of the substances, usually earth, water, air, and fire, formerly regarded as constituting the material universe.